Integrum Medical Masks ASTM Level 3 Mask 4-Ply
Integrum Medical Masks’ meet ASTM Level 3 testing standards, which means they are the highest level disposable surgical masks available. Typically used in a medical or dental setting, these masks are made of 4 layers of nonwoven melt-blown materials that melt instead of catch fire like regular paper when exposed to heat. In addition, these masks must meet a high level of fluid resistance and also bacterial and particulate filtration. Per ASTM test standards, masks are not tested with viruses but are expected to filter the same amount of viruses that are the same size as bacteria and particulates.
ASTM Level 3 Masks are Essential For Proper Safety Protocols
These 4-Ply Integrum medical masks keep users safe in settings where there is a high amount of exposure to fluids and/or aerosols. With a fluid-resistant outer layer, the user is more protected while performing procedures. BACTERIAL FILTRATION EFFICIENCY (BFE) ≥ 98% These breathable face masks provide protection for dentists, doctors and other healthcare providers as well as to people needing protection from moderate amounts of spray and fluid. As well as protecting against flu, colds, pollen, dust and other airborne contaminants.
4 Layers of Protection
1st layer: Non-woven fabric 2SS (30gsm) 2nd layer: Non-woven fabric 1S (25gsm) 3rd layer: Melt brown fabric (25gsm) 4th layer: Non-woven fabric 2S (35gsm) ASTM Levels 1st Level: masks are the general standard for both surgical and procedural use. 2nd Level: moderate barrier protection for low-to-moderate levels of aerosols, sprays and fluids. 3rd Level: maximum barrier protection for any situation that has the potential for exposure to heavy levels of aerosols, sprays and fluids.
How to Use Your Integrum Medical Masks
Open the nose bar to a 120-degree angle and secure the plastic straps over your ears. Adjust the mask so that the nose and chin are completely covered. Pinch the nose bar around your nose. Check the mask seal by inhaling and exhaling.
This Level 3 Mask is Comfortable
This Face Mask comes equipped with elastic ear loops and an adjustable nose bar, and a high filtration capacity, this mask offers maximum comfort to the user. The elastic ear loops and adjustable nose bar not only help make the mask comfortable to wear but also ensures a tight and secure fit to the face, offering maximum protection.
Watch our video to learn about 7 Simple Ways to Tell If Your Mask is a Dud:
Additional Information about disposable masks:
For more information from the CDC about disposable masks, click here.
Ways to enhance the fit and protection of disposable black masks as suggested by the CDC:
- Wear two disposable masks or one disposable mask underneath and a cloth mask on top.
- Knot and tuck ear loops of a disposable mask where they join the edge of the mask (For instructions, see the following https://youtu.be/GzTAZDsNBe0external icon)
Proper use, storage and cleaning of masks also affects how well they protect you. Follow these steps for putting on and taking off your mask:
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on your mask.
- Place your mask over your mouth and nose and chin.
- Tie it behind your head or use ear loops. Make sure it’s snug.
- Don’t touch your mask while wearing it.
- If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.
- If your mask becomes wet or dirty, switch to a clean one. Put the used mask in a sealable bag until you can get rid of it or wash it.
- Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
- Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.